Lord of the Rings Fan Arts
LOTR Game
LOTR Members
LOTR Community
Lord of the Rings Site Map
Contact us
About us

Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lord of the Rings Forum Index -> Lord of the Rings Fantasy World Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ciaya

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Question Reply with quote

Does anyone else think Gollum or "Smeagol" creepy? And isn't his name really Gollum now? Smeagol was the cute little "hobbit" Gollum is what he turned into. Am I right? I was actually on his side after he tells bad Smeagol to go away but when he turns back... oooo he makes me so mad. I do admit I like the part in the movie when he gets the rabbits and is so proud of himself. And gets mad when Sam stews it. My favorite line is when Smeagol says "You keep your nasty chips to yourself" When Sam was talking about how good potatoes would be. Feel free to give your opinion. Wink
MastrLOTRELF

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was quite funny and what do you think you would be like if you were him?
Man of the west

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha i think people should read the book...learn a little more about who smeagol really was...but yes...he is intended to be creepy
mom2sve06

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Gollum Reply with quote

I agree, reading the book is a good idea! One thing you learn is that Smeagel is definately changed by having the ring for so long. It helps to show what happens to those who are in possession of the ring. When Bilbo changes infront of Frodo, it shows what happens with a shorter possession. Over all, I think the idea is to show just how powerful and evil the ring is.

Anyone else?
matthew479

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your all right if you only watch the movies you wouldn't know all of smeagol good side and i also feel bad for him WHY DOES THE RING MAKE HIM EVIL SO
ElegostRanger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Question Reply with quote

[quote="Ciaya"]Does anyone else think Gollum or "Smeagol" creepy? And isn't his name really Gollum now? Smeagol was the cute little "hobbit" Gollum is what he turned into. Am I right? I was actually on his side after he tells bad Smeagol to go away but when he turns back... oooo he makes me so mad. I do admit I like the part in the movie when he gets the rabbits and is so proud of himself. And gets mad when Sam stews it. My favorite line is when Smeagol says "You keep your nasty chips to yourself" When Sam was talking about how good potatoes would be. Feel free to give your opinion. Wink[/quote]

i think your wrong. its his character.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lord of the Rings Forum Index -> Lord of the Rings Fantasy World Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: