missing charactor

Here you may discuss interesting facts about The Lord of the Rings movies including, including the difference between the books and the film adaptation.

Moderators: x-sam-x, Aredhel

bloodthirst

missing charactor

Post by bloodthirst »

Why did they leave out jon bombadille
Valar-Lamp-Ormal

Post by Valar-Lamp-Ormal »

was he the farmer?
jeff_applegate

Post by jeff_applegate »

you mean Tom Bombadil?
Wontus

Post by Wontus »

jeff_applegate wrote:you mean Tom Bombadil?
I´ve been missing this character in the movies, since he´s quite important as he not only saves the fellowship, armes them and gives hints to their further voyage. Is it, that Peter Jackson just did not have a little space in a nine-hour movie to get this episode in? I would thank you for your opinion!
michaelalan2

Post by michaelalan2 »

Tom Bombadil,
he's a merry fellow,
Tom Bombadil,
he's a jolly fellow...
:P
Paedha

Post by Paedha »

If they made the movie right. then the end of movie one would be Rivendell.
There just too much that goes on for them to put it all in.
They also missed the whole Borrowights scene.

Not to mention after Frodo gets stabbed by the Nazgul upon weathertop, it takes 2 more weeks for them to get to Rivendel.

Read the first book. Seriously. Forget the rest. Just read book One.
Cerridwen

Post by Cerridwen »

I haven't quite read the books yet, but my dad is REALLY upset with the movies because they left out Tom Bombadil. He's also upset on how much they put Arwen in the movies, he told me she isn't nearly as big a character in the books.
MastrLOTRELF

Post by MastrLOTRELF »

Wontus wrote:
jeff_applegate wrote:you mean Tom Bombadil?
I´ve been missing this character in the movies, since he´s quite important as he not only saves the fellowship, armes them and gives hints to their further voyage. Is it, that Peter Jackson just did not have a little space in a nine-hour movie to get this episode in? I would thank you for your opinion!
just because i can be a smart alec, if you are refering to the extended version it is actualy 12 hours not nine however i ain't sure 'bout the none extended version. :D :D
Man of the west

Post by Man of the west »

Im not sure if it was afore mentioned but i feel the should have played around with a scene concerning cirdan and gandalf....like a flash back sort of thing
samirta

Post by samirta »

even if it were 12 hours long they could've extended it a bit by an hour I mean Tom did play a big part in helping Frodo and all in the book so he should still be in the movie,I think anyways. :D