arwen is where she should not be

Here you may discuss interesting facts about The Lord of the Rings movies including, including the difference between the books and the film adaptation.

Moderators: x-sam-x, Aredhel

welshdragon101

arwen is where she should not be

Post by welshdragon101 »

could anybody answer this for me as im dumfouned why the lady arwen was there to pick up frodo after the attack on weathertop and take him back to rivendell by horse as the book is different to the film and WHY NO TOM BOMBADILL
Collapse

Post by Collapse »

Same reason actually. There are so many characters in the book that peter jackson thought that no one who hasn't red the books can follow the plot. I missed Tom too! But the movies are already three hours long so they couldn't fill him in.
arwenundomiel20

Post by arwenundomiel20 »

yeah, that's why. when a book is transfer to a movie you can expect it to be exactly the same. the movie is already 3 hours and I thing 3 h and a half or more with the deleted scenes. so that's why these things were cut. also we needed to be introduced to Arwen's character.
zombiepeople

Post by zombiepeople »

Yeah that really bothered me too, as it would have been so easy to just have it right and not have Arwen come rescue Frodo. I suppose I understand, though, why the left out Bombadil...he was kind of pointless, but he's one of my favorite characters even if he doesn't do much, and I loved reading about him in The Fellowship.
_Shadow_

Post by _Shadow_ »

If you watch the special features from the extended edition, Peter Jackson explains that he only put the parts of the books in that were necessary to explain the story of the ring (ie. from shire to it being destroyed at Mt. Doom). That is why there is no Tom Bombadil or Elodin/Elrohir and the scouring of the shire; it wasn't part of the rings' story. Jackson said that the movies were already long without it. So, when you think of it that way you can say 'yeah, okay fair enough i understand' although you can still be sad about it your able to get over it.
And in the book Arwen is rarely mentioned so they needed to put her in a bit more.
MastrLOTRELF

Post by MastrLOTRELF »

Collapse wrote:Same reason actually. There are so many characters in the book that peter jackson thought that no one who hasn't red the books can follow the plot. I missed Tom too! But the movies are already three hours long so they couldn't fill him in.
not to be a smart-aleck or anything, but the movies are four hours long two hours on each disc.
Ronja

Post by Ronja »

if you haven´t seen four hours long LOTR you should watch it!
MastrLOTRELF

Post by MastrLOTRELF »

ya you have to see the Extended-version
Mija

for Ronja

Post by Mija »

acheyla :D
sut naa llie? amin naa tereva!
ere amin ilod, tanya llie valin...
lye que aelo, hort!
amin nauva shan.
mara mesta!
eowyn-mija :) :D :)
Ronja

Post by Ronja »

Acheyla!!!
ve´ vee´ amin, amin naa tereva! Amin liy llie, ten llie nauva n´ shan to Beskydy, ten (nemame miesto v aute!)
Mara mesta
Arwen
MastrLOTRELF

Post by MastrLOTRELF »

ENGLISH!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ronja

Post by Ronja »

:lol: :P :D it is elvish like i said
no one will understand,
until you learn it!!! :twisted:
Ok, only about that: how are you and i am fine...
Ronja

Post by Ronja »

Mija-Éowyn!!! Shan le
Mija

Post by Mija »

ava- ent llie shan le aloha...) :D
Ronja

Post by Ronja »

amin sint 8)