the readers' opinions

Here you can discuss "The Hobbit" book and share the news about "The Hobbit" movie coming soon (any interesting facts, questions are welcome)

Moderator: x-sam-x

li_ly

the readers' opinions

Post by li_ly »

I've read a lot of articles about Tolkien's masterpiece "THe Hobbit", and about 70% of the audience said this is the best book written by Tolkien.
As for me, I prefer LOTR. May be because I've read it the first.
What do you think about it?
Eothain

Post by Eothain »

Evidently, while writing the Hobit, JRRT was just "warming up" his real materpiece LOTR.
Windrider

Post by Windrider »

Tis' a difficult decision. The Hobbit was very good. But his other books are great as well, especially LOTR. I can't choose.
zombiepeople

Post by zombiepeople »

It honestly depends on what mood I'm in when I want to read. If I'm in the mood for more of a story type book then I'll read the Hobbit or even Roverandom, but if I'm in the mood for more of an epic sort of thing, then I'll read the LOTR trilogy.
In my opinion, though, basically anything Tolkien writes is amazing and it's hard to put one book or books over another.
boblllum

Post by boblllum »

i think the lotr is a great series but the hobbit has some parts that help explain some things in the lotr i relized this when i started reading the lotr series and i couldnt under stand some things so i read the hobbit and it cleared it up
LOTRFan997

Post by LOTRFan997 »

zombiepeople wrote:It honestly depends on what mood I'm in when I want to read. If I'm in the mood for more of a story type book then I'll read the Hobbit or even Roverandom, but if I'm in the mood for more of an epic sort of thing, then I'll read the LOTR trilogy.
In my opinion, though, basically anything Tolkien writes is amazing and it's hard to put one book or books over another.

zombiepeople is so right,it really depends on what u feel like. i LOVE LOTRS and the Hobbit, Tolkien is the best writer in the world! i least i think that! 8) and it is so hard to pick which book is the best!?
Cerridwen

Post by Cerridwen »

The Hobbit is one of my favorite books now and it has been ever since I was nine.